Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Book binge



I've been on a bit of a book binge lately. I read well over two thousand pages in the month of September. Perhaps all the reading was my way of procrastinating on my wedding to-do list. There are only 2 days left before I leave for our wedding extravaganza in Guatemala and I can't bring myself to finish the final items. Would you believe that I still haven't packed?!

Now that we know I have a to-do list that is as long as Mt. Kilimanjaro is high to complete before leaving Friday, one question remains: what books do I bring? I'm an indefatigable reader, so I need a few good selections.

I'm thinking of finally finishing Gandhi's Autobiography that I started a few months back. It comes highly recommended from some avid readers and could also provide me with some much needed insight on how to live a more fulfilling life.

For Eric's birthday I gave him two books on photography one is instructional (The Photographer's Eye by Michael Freeman), so I'm thinking of bringing it with as well. Antigua is a great locale for picture taking.

Any other book suggestions?

Quick side note: look at this gorgeous copy of Lady Chatterly's Lover that Anthropologie sells. There is an entire collection of these beautiful hardcovers. The collection done by penquin is fashionable and certainly travel worthy. Just picture yourself in an airport somewhere exotic, reading a book form the collection. How lovely is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment